AUC iOS Workshop Perth
I had the privilege last week to attend one of AUC's iPhone SDK Workshops from the 7-9 April in Perth, Australia. The three-day workshop covered in some detail the skills required to develop for the iPhone / iPod Touch platforms, ending in a development contest to see who could best apply their newfound knowledge.
Specifically, the workshop covered:
- Model-View-Controller (MVC), Target-Action / Delegation Programming Paradigms
- Objective-C Primer
- Using XCode, Interface Builder, iPhone Simulator, and the value of RTFM
- Structure of Apps, Metadata and Configuration
- Views, View Controllers and UI Elements (Buttons, Labels, etc)
- Navigation Controllers, TableViews
- Touch / Multitouch, Events and the Responder Chain
- Storage Mechanisms (Preferences, Documents, SQLite DB) and the App Sandbox
- iPhone Graphics API's: UIKit, Quartz2D, CoreAnimation, OpenGL ES
- Core Location
- App Purchases, Push Notifications & Available API's
I had a really great time (barring the flight to Perth, a five-hour bore) in Perth, it was a fantastic city with a great vibe. Much thanks to the staff of the Cliftons Training Center Perth, and a special thanks to Louis and Brock for demonstrating the workshop!
Ice Crystal Formation @ 24,000 ft.
The Author @ King's Park overlooking Perth